Sapphire Builds 16GB Radeon for Crypto-Mining
Grin is only a few days old, the currency fell shortly after the launch of about 260 US dollars to the current good 3 US dollars. It uses the Mimble Wimble blockchain and uses two algorithms: Cuckaroo is used for scoring on CPUs and GPUs and requires at least 6 GB of video memory, Cuckatoo, however, is primarily aimed at ASICs, specifically for Grin designed chips, and requires 11 GB. Therefore, Cuckatoo is currently on a Geforce GTX 1080 Ti or Geforce RTX 2080 Ti, with increasing difficulty it must be a Titan RTX with 24 GB or a Quadro or Radeon Pro.
So far Sapphire has not commented on the availability or price of the Radeon RX 570 Blockchain Graphics Card. As a rough guide, the manufacturer said it costs one third of a comparable professional card. A Quadro P5000 and a Radeon Pro WX 9100 are around 1,800 euros, a Quadro RTX 5000 at almost 2,400 euros.
SAPPHIRE RX 570 16GB HDMI Blockchain Graphics Card with a PCI-E Gen 3 x16 slot design and Dual Ball Bearing Fan with SAPPHIRE Quick Connect Fan technology – is perfect for dual-mining Grin.
- Performance: 0.42 GPS +/-10% in Cuckatoo 31+*
- Power Consumption: 175W+/-10%*
- ROCM 2.0 accelerated Grin Miner for PCIE 3.0 platform
- OpenCL accelerated Grin Miner for PCIE 2.0 platform
- Will mine Cuckatoo 32+ (with driver update)
- Miner supports both Cuckaroo 29+ and Cuckatoo 31+
- Will also support different Blockchain algorithms
- Discrete control board for easy swap and upgrade
- Dual Ball Bearing Fan with SAPPHIRE Quick Connect Fan technology